These Paleo almond crackers are just too good to be true. I can scoff a whole batch in one sitting! Whether you’re following the GAPS plan or need a gluten, egg and dairy free cracker replacement these are just the business.
I make them with caraway as I find it gives them an intense, almost cheese-like flavour, but you can substitute any spice you like. Rosemary or thyme would work very well too or some mature cheddar if you’re ok with dairy.
Makes about 40 mini crackers or 20 normal sized ones
- 4 tbsp of coconut oil, melted
- 4 cups of ground almonds
- 6 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp caraway seeds
- Pre-heat oven to 150˚C or you can use a dehydrator
- Add all the ingredients together in a bowl
- Mix well
- Roll out thinly onto a board dusted with almond meal
- This dough is very sticky so you might have to keep dusting almond meal
- Cut into little squares, rounds or any shape you like
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until dry to the touch
- Store in the refrigerator