Coming into the colder months I really enjoy good quality comfort foods, as I am sure a lot of you out there do!
There is nothing more enjoyable for me than relaxing during my break on a cold rainy day with a hot cup of herbal tea and a warm nutritious but delicious muffin.
Below is one of my staple quick and easy muffin Blueberry and Flaxseed muffin recipes that never fails to hit the spot. They are great for the whole family, are wheat free and are really good to pop in little kids and big kids’ lunch boxes!
I find they are best enjoyed warm and with a bit of organic butter.
If you find the 2 tablespoons of ground flaxseed too much you can always only use 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed and add an extra egg in instead.
Also for some extra sweetness add a ripe mashed banana into the recipe!
Blueberry and Flaxseed Muffin:
- 1/4 cup of wheat-free rolled oats
- 1/4 cup of fresh or frozen organic blueberries
- 1 tsp aluminium-free baking powder
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 2 tsp organic cinnamon
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 2 free-range eggs
- 1 tbsp raw honey or pure maple syrup
- Mix all ingredients together in large bowl
- Cook mixture in oiled muffin trays on medium heat for 15 minutes or until cooked.