I was looking for a simple Paleo blueberry muffins recipe and I came across this one from OMG Paleo. I was intrigued by the use of nut butter in the ingredients so I gave it a try.
I modified the quantities of some of the ingredients for two reasons. Firstly, the batter seemed too wet but also the cost per muffin would have been prohibitive as the recipe called for double the quantities of nut butter!
I also halved the amount of honey and didn’t use any bicarb of soda, which you might want to use instead of baking powder if you’re on a GAPS or SCD program.
The muffins came out really well, moist and just sweet enough. Next time I will experiment to reduce the nut butter even further.
Makes 20 muffins
- 1 cup almond butter
- 2 cups almond meal
- 6 pastured eggs, whisked
- ½ cup raw honey
- 2/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2/3 cup virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1 cup fresh blueberries or defrosted, if frozen
- Preheat your oven to 175C.
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Place ingredients into 2 lined muffin tins.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.