This healthy Paleo carrot cake is super quick to make and is even more delicious the next day.
I love it with a dollop of raw cream or home-made ice-cream and a steaming pot of lavender tea. Perfect for cold, rainy week ends.
- 1 1/2 cups grated carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped activated walnuts
- 1/2 cup unsulphured sultanas
- 2 pastured eggs
- 1 vanilla pod
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 cups activated almond meal
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 125g home made cream cheese
- 1 tbsp butter, softened
- grated lemon rind of 1 lemon
- squeeze of lemon juice, to taste
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/3 cup chopped activated walnuts for icing
For a dairy free option, use coconut cream instead of cream cheese or omit icing altogether.
- Mix together eggs, scraped vanilla and honey.
- Add walnuts, sultanas, carrots, coconut oil, cinnamon and almond meal. Mix well.
- If the mixture is too wet you may want to add a little more almond meal.
- Grease a loaf tin and preheat oven to 150°C.
- Bake for about 60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool down before icing.
To make the icing
- Mix all ingredients together except walnuts.
- Once you’ve iced the cake, sprinkle the walnuts on top.