I love the strong, exotic flavour of tahini. I have been known to eat this delicious paste straight from the spoon but I understand that’s not to everyone’s taste….
So here’s a quick recipe to make a delicious tahini sauce which you can use to liven steamed vegetables and salads, add an middle-eastern touch to a plain burger or use traditionally with falafels.
Sesame seeds are a terrific source of calcium. This is a great dressing to include in your cooking repertoire especially if you’re on a dairy free diet.
- 1/2 cup unhulled tahini paste
- 2 garlic bulbs, mashed into a paste
- 1/2 tsp rock, sea, celtic or Himalayan salt
- juice of half a lemon or to taste
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup of filtered water
- Blend the tahini paste with the garlic and salt in a food processor.
- Add the olive oil and lemon juice to taste (start with a few squeezes and taste).
- Slowly add water to achieve desired consistency.
- Store in the fridge.