Tahini is a strong and exotic flavor that I love. Although I’ve been known to eat the delicious paste straight from a spoon, I know that it’s not for everyone ….
Here’s how to make a tasty tahini glaze that you can use to flavor steamed vegetables or salads, to add a middle-eastern flair to a plain hamburger, or to go with falafels.
Sesame seeds provide a great source of calcium. This dressing is great to add to your cooking repertoire, especially if you are on a vegan diet.
- 1/2 cup unhulled Tahini Paste
- 2 garlic bulbs, mashed to a paste
- 1/2 tsp rock, sea, celtic or Himalayan salt
- Juice of half a Lemon or to Taste
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- In a food processor, combine the tahini paste and the garlic with the salt.
- To taste, add the olive oil or lemon juice (start by giving it a few squeezes before adding more).
- Slowly add water until you reach the desired consistency.
- Keep it in the refrigerator