Healthy Hearts For Women Symposium will be held annually to mark the University of Kentucky’s tenth anniversary of raising women’s awareness about heart disease and its dangers.
The No. According to the American Heart Association, cardiovascular disease is the No. Only 44% of women know that cardiovascular disease is the greatest threat to their health.
We can see this shocking statistic in Kentucky. Analia Loriakinsey, Ph., is an associate professor at the Department of Pharmacology and Nutritional Sciences of the U.K. College of Medicine and one of the organizers of the symposium.
In order to improve heart health, we must recognize and understand the subtle differences between men and women. We can create the best treatments for women across Kentucky and in the United States through diligent research.
Yasir Al-Siraj, Ph.D. assistant professor of pharmacology and nutritional sciences and co-organizer of the symposium.
The following experts will be on the panel:
- Lucy L. Cardozo, M.D. Associate professor, University of Mississippi Medical Center
- Hosted By the Department of Pharmacology and Nutritional Sciences
- Nina Stachenfeld Ph.D. Senior Research Scientist in Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences, Yale University
- Hosted By the Saha Cardiovascular Research Center
- Karol Watson, MD, Professor of medicine/cardiology at UCLA David Geffen Medical School
- Presented by Gill Heart and Vascular Institute
- Irene O. Aninye, Ph.D., is the chief scientist at the Society for Women’s Health Research.
- Hosted By Women in Medicine and Science
Cancer Research eBook Compilation of the best interviews, articles, and news from the past year. Download the latest symposium’s co-organizer, Sanda Despa, Ph.D., is a professor of pharmacology and nutritional sciences and a pharmacology expert. She said, “We hope to bring the best researchers in the world to the U.K. to share their latest research findings and efforts that will help women to live healthier, longer lives.”
The event will take place on February 2 at 8 am, in Room 127 of the Charles T. Wethington building. Can be registered online by clicking here.
The Healthy Hearts For Women Symposium is sponsored in part by the U.K. College of Medicine Department of Pharmacology and Nutritional Sciences, as well as the Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, UK Gill Heart and Vascular Institute, Saha Cardiovascular Research Center and Women in Medicine and Science.