Many of my clients cannot tolerate grains after they first visit me. They are inflamed and bloated and can’t tolerate whole grains or flour.
Anna, one my most beloved clients, is so kind to share this delicious paleo bread recipe.
My family has become a firm favorite for breakfast. It’s delicious, topped with mashed avocado, sliced tomato, and an “alfalfa cloud”, as my 3-year-old calls it.
This Paleo bread is surprisingly moist. It is made in a shallow ovenproof pan, so the slices are very thin. However, I think it would be great as sandwich bread if it doubled the amount and used a good bread mold.
- 3/4C nut butter. You can either use ready-made or homemade. Anna makes a homemade Brazil nut mixture using the stick blender’s grinder attachment.
- Five eggs (if you want to make it egg-free, use 5T chia seed mixed with 3/4C water and left for 5mins until the mixture is bounded).
- 1/4C coconut oil, melted
- 1tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4C ground flaxseed meal, or LSA
- Coconut flour 3T
- 1tsp baking soda
- Turn the oven on at 185C.
- Use a hand mixer to combine the nut butter, eggs or chia seed mixture, coconut oil, honey, and vinegar in a large bowl.
- Mix the flaxseed/LSA and coconut flour in a separate bowl.
- Combine dry ingredients with wet mixture.
- Place in a greased loaf tin.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden brown and cooked through. Let cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then transfer to rack.
- Keep in the fridge for up to a week or freeze. Toast it, add some spread or eat it as-is.