Many of my clients cannot tolerate grains when they first come to see me. Their gut is inflamed, bloated and painful and they just cannot handle any grains – whether wholegrains or flour.
I am so grateful to Anna, one of my loveliest clients, for sharing this amazing, delicious paleo bread recipe with me.
It has fast become a breakfast favourite in my household. We like to top it with mashed avocado, sliced tomato and an ‘alfalfa cloud’ as my 3-year old calls it.
It is surprisingly moist for a Paleo bread. We make it in a shallow ovenproof dish, so the sliced are quite narrow but I’m sure it would work well as a sandwich bread if you double the quantities and used a proper bread mould.
- 3/4C nut butter (you can use either ready made or make you own. Anna uses a homemade ground almond mix or Brazil nut ground mix – using the grinder attachment of stick blender)
- 5 eggs (for egg-free, you can use 5T chia seeds mixed with 3/4C water & left for 5mins to bind)
- 1/4C coconut oil, melted
- 1tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4C ground flaxseed meal or LSA
- 3T coconut flour
- 1tsp baking soda
- Turn oven on to 185C degrees.
- In a large bowl use a hand beater to mix nut butter, eggs (or chia seed mix), coconut oil, honey (if adding) and vinegar.
- In a separate bowl mix the flaxseed/LSA, coconut flour and baking soda.
- Mix dry ingredients into wet mix.
- Pour into greased (olive oil) loaf tin.
- Bake 30-35mins until browned and cooked through. Allow to cool in tin for 10mins, then cool on rack.
- Store in fridge for a week, or freeze. Serve from fridge, or toast & eat as is or add a spread.